We have been formally introduced on my about me page. I even gave you some fun random facts about me. Well, it’s been a while, and I thought let’s tell you a little bit more about myself. So just for fun here are 20 random facts about me. Do you relate to any of them? I would love to hear from you. Just leave a comment below.
1) I wrote my first story when I was 12. I had just read a Little Princess and The Secret Garden. I wrote about a unicorn in a hidden garden waiting for a lost princess to find her.
2) I wrote my first play when I was 13, with a lot of Madonna songs in it. We never performed it but my friends and I practiced it for two weeks.
3) I love giving surprise parties but hate getting them.
4) I wrote my second play when I was 18. I produced and directed it using friends that were actors and used a local church for the stage.
5) Clouds are one of my favorite inspirations, especially for photography.
6) When I graduated high school, I traveled to Alaska with my grandmother my great aunt and uncle for two weeks.
7) I journal almost nightly.
8) I can go to someplace once and find my way back there again without directions.
9) I graduated high school a whole semester early. I had taken zero period debate class and had earned extra credits.
10) I have three causes that I feel are very important: 1) mental health education 2) domestic violence 3) addiction and recovery. All of these causes are dear to my heart.
11) I have been known to shout out random Harry Potter lines to test my kids on their movie trivia.
12) I have a habit of reading 2 to 3 books at a time depending on my mood.
13) It is my goal to throw a giant blanket for party and invite all the amazing cool creative people that I know. It is in my plan to have workshops inside many forts, coloring, crafting and fun.
14) Hells kitchen is one of my favorite TV shows.
15) I love to cook, especially comfort foods. I also like to make homemade granola bars.
16) Orcas Island, WA was my home for six months. I loved living in my little trailer by the sea.
17) Since my hand surgery and learning how to use Dragon Naturaly Speaking for all my writing and my blogs. It has been a very interesting experience trying to translate what I normally write into spoken word.
18) I doodle or draw when I am anxious or nervous, sometimes even when I’m just waiting on the phone or listening to people speak at meetings or conferences. My favorite things for doodling our mandalas.
19) I believe in magic. I know it exists. I have seen it. Some people may call them miracles, but I call it magic.
20) I struggle with my weight. It has been a lifelong battle, losing and gaining, losing and gaining. Even in my 40s I am still learning to be comfortable in my own skin.
So that’s it for me for now. Tell me one or two things about yourself. Inquiring minds would love to know.